INF111 Information Systems Theory
Review for Fourth Quiz
- What kind of network topology does the Internet use?
- Messages passed across the Internet are broken into pieces. What
term is used for these pieces? How are the pieces routed across the
- What is the name of the protocol suite used to pass files and
messages across the Internet?
- What does an Internet address look like? What system was invented
to use instead of addresses?
- What is the most active and popular part of the Internet?
- What is the difference between a web page and a web site? What computer
language are pages written in?
- Tim Berners-Lee invented a system of called hypertext. What is it
- What is the difference between a domain name and a Uniform Resource
- How does a search engine work? What is a common limitation on search
- What is an intranet? Why would you make one?
- What is a network firewall?
- What is system software for?
- What are the three common interfaces provided by different operating
- What is a process? What is the difference between single tasking
- What other system functions are operating systems required to handle?
- What does response time mean?
- What are two measures of system performance given in Chapter 8?
- What would a security system probably ask a user for to allow them
- Does an operating system load into memory? Why?
- What is an example of a proprietary operating system?
- What is an example of a portable operating system?
- Which versions of Windows are really operating systems? Which common
versions on Windows are not really operating systems? What are they?
- What are these operating systems: