Review for First Quiz
- What is a console application?
- What do we expect to see as the extension for a file that is:
a C++ source code file
a header file
an executable file
- Where does data flow when redirected into cout?
- Functions must be prototyped, may be called and must be defined. Write
an example of each of these for a function called fSquare that will
receive an integer argument and return that integer squared.
- How do you make a remark in C? How about in C++?
- What is the name of that usual header file in C? In C++?
- Write a line of code that declares:
a pointer to integer
a character array, size 10
a structure that holds one integer, one float
- What is the basic difference between a class and a structure?
- What does it mean to overload a function?
- Operators are typically overloaded in C. Name two common operators and
write code examples showing that they are used as overloaded operators.
- If you are going to assign default variables to a function, where in
the code do you specify this?
- What are the two major sections in a class definition?
- Declare a class called CExample, and place correct declarations in it
for the mandatory sections and functions.
- What are the two major project steps your book divides a project into?
- Visual C++ allows us to create a number of different kinds of projects.
What choice on the first design screen tells it we are going to make a Windows
- There are three types of Windows applications that Visual C++ offers
to us. Which one are you directed to choose in Chapters 1 and 2?
- On the Visual C++ Build menu, what is the difference between the the
Build and Rebuild All choices?
- If you wish to access the object in a project, which tab do you select
at the bottom of the Project Workspace window?
- What is the keypress that cancels the full screen display of a screen
- Objects in a project have properties. What is the procedure to access
the properties of an object quickly with the mouse?
- What is an event in a Windows application? Give an example of a common
event for a common object.
- What function call will automatically close a dialog box?
- What buttons appear by default when creating a Message Box?
- What buttons appear by default when creating a Dialog Box?
- When carrying out the first phase of a project, you must obtain project
requirements, to determine what to do. What is a term used for the first
draft screen design in this phase?
- What does the ID property of a button determine?
- What does the Caption property of a button determine?
- How do you enable a hotkey for a button?
- What is an edit box for?
- What are the two events that are associated with a button in Visual C++
- If you wish to assign code to a button event, what is the correct menu
choice from the main Project Workspace screen to begin this?