1. What is a code point?
2. Define each of these terms
3. What is an advantage to having more bits in your symbol system?
4. How do you calculate code efficiency?
5. Why is Unicode necessary?
6. What are the two kinds of parity? How is each kind of parity calculated?
7. Define these terms and give and example of each: simplex, half-duplex, full-duplex
8. What is the main difference between synchronous and asynchronous transmission?
9. What is meant by each term:
10. How can a modem's circuit speed be faster than its baud rate?
11. Define each term:
12. Which transmission mode has a turnaround time? Why don't the other two have one?
13. What is the difference between analog and digital signaling?
14. How long will it take to download a file whose size is 2 MB, assuming 7-bit ASCII, even parity, and a line speed of 28.8 Mbps? (Note: A Megabyte is NOT a million bytes. A kilobyte is actually 1,024 bytes, and a megabyte is 1,048,576 bytes or 1,024 kilobytes.)