CAP 151 - Introduction to Computer Animation
Review for Second Test
The following questions are provided to help you study for the first test. Do not expect to see these exact questions on the test.
- What is the purpose of an adjustment layer? What does an adjustment layer affect?
- What are animation presets?
- How do you trim the in and out points of a layer?
- What are the shortcut keys to trim in place?
- Assume you have a layer that is shorter than the timeline. How can you increase the duration of a layer with your mouse?
- What is the shortcut key to add selected footage to a composition?
- How do you change the background color of a comp?
- How do you change the color of a layer?
- What does the hotkey Y do?
- How do you open the layer panel, as you did in tutorial 4 of Lesson 2?
- What keyboard command moved the current timeline marker 10 frames earlier? What is the command to move it 10 frames later?
- After you have used a special tool, the text often tells you to press a key to change back to the selection tool. What key are you told to press?
- How can you toggle a linear keyframe to become a hold keyframe?
- Assume you are told to change the stack order of two layers. At this point in the text, what effect does this change have?
- What does the time notation 4;29 mean?
- What does it mean when a layer has a ghost portion?
- Typically, which layer in a timeline would be immediately recognizable as the foreground layer?
- What effect does a mask have on a layer?
- What is the Ken Burns effect? What two panels did the text have you use to create this effect?