CAP 201a - Computer Animation I
Review for First Test
The following questions are provided to help you study for the first test. Do not expect to see these exact questions on the test.
- When 3DS Max starts up, what are the default views shown in the four viewports?
- Assume the Front viewport is currently active. What should you do to work in the already existing Left viewport instead?
- To make a new object in 3DS Max, which of the six main control panel tabs should be selected?
- How should you select a different viewport if you do not want to change the current object or subobject selection?
- What is a simple way to zoom in or out of a 3DS Max scene?
- How do you use a mouse to pan in a 3DS Max scene?
- How do you use the mouse to orbit selected objects in a scene?
- What is the keyboard button to switch between wireframe and smooth views of your scene?
- What is a caddy, and how do you make one appear in 3DS Max?
- Where does the Graphite ribbon appear in the 3DS Max interface?
- Name three examples of subobject types found in an Editable Poly object.
- How do you "area select" several objects in a scene?
- What happens when you drag an object while holding a shift key down?
- What are two locations in which you can click icons that will change from one subobject mode to another?
- Draw the icons for the Select button and the Select and Move button on the toolbar.
- What key can you hold down to be able to zoom in smaller increments?
- Describe the effect of a Boolean or Proboolean subtraction operation.
- What does the Plus button do in the Save As dialog box? What effect does it have on a file that has no number in its name?
- What are the three kinds of clones that you can make from a Clone Options dialog box? Describe the differences between them.
- In the project that had you create a knob for a chest, what did you create first? What modifier turned the first object into the knob?
- Of what use is a Bezier handle when working with a spline?
- If you need to move an object a specific number of units on any axis, what method might you use to do this instead of dragging it?
- What does the Zoom Extents All command do in a viewport?
- What is the command to make a selected object transparent?
- Name two ways to convert an object to an Editable Poly object.
- What is the typical color of a selected subobject?
- What does the Swift Loop tool do?
- What does the Ignore Backfacing feature do?
- What is the Isolate Selection feature used for?
- Which button in a caddy stands for OK? Which button stands for Accept and Continue?