CAP 201a - Computer Animation I
Review for Second Test
The following questions are provided to help you study for the first test. Do not expect to see these exact questions on the test.
- What is the purpose of the Auto Key mode?
- In what order is a modifier stack evaluated by 3DS Max?
- How did the text have you place reference images in a scene to construct the Red Rocket model?
- What is an in-between? How do you make one in 3DS Max?
- How do you relocate an object's pivot point?
- What is the number of the first frame on the 3DS Max timeline?
- What is the purpose of the Out of Range Types button? Where is it found?
- At what part of a bounce is a bouncing ball moving fastest? Slowest?
- As far as the Curve Editor is concerned, what is a tangent? What are two specific tangent types?
- What are you actually doing when doing what the text calls "layering animation"?
- When would you need to use an XForm modifier? Use an example like the exercise in the text that required one.
- What is anticipation in a standard animated scene?
- How can you get 3DS Max to display an object's trajectory?
- What should you click to change the number of frames that exist on a scene's timeline?
- What is follow through action in an animation?
- What are three examples of primitive forms?
- The authors often use Smooth+Highlights in their viewports. What might this setting be called on your machine instead?
- What does loop tool do for a selected edge? What does the ring tool do for a selected edge?
- What does the cap tool do?
- Assume you have two vertices close to each other on one edge of a polygon. There should have only been one on this part of the edge.
What would happen if you use the weld function on
these two vertices?
What would be the difference if you use the target weld function on these two vertices?
- How can you extrude a border without actually using the Extrude tool?
- What do you do if you want to combine two objects in a scene into one logical object?
- When you welded the two sides of the soldier torso together, why was the Weld Threshold setting important?
- What is an object's normal? Must it have one?
- In general, when you open a caddy, it will display settings that will be one of two types. One is predictable, and the other is not. What are they?
- What does a shell modifier do to a plane object?
- When using the bridge tool to join two sets of edges, what must be true about the edges in each set?
- How to you add objects from another scene to your existing scene?