CAP 201a - Computer Animation I
Review for First Test
The following questions are provided to help you study for the first test. Do not expect to see these exact questions on the test.
- When 3DS Max starts up, what are the default views shown in the four viewports?
- Assume the Front viewport is currently active. What should you do to select the Left viewport?
- To make a new object in 3DS Max, which of the six main control panel tabs should be selected?
- To change the properties of an object in 3DS Max, which of the six main control panel tabs should be selected?
- Assume you want to change a property for an object. Its current value is 20, and you want the value to be 55. What are three ways to change this value on a spinner control?
- 3DS Max does not put text labels on toolbar buttons. How can you tell what a button is for, without looking it up in the text or the help system?
- What is the keyboard button to switch between wireframe and smooth views of your scene?
- For each of the following views, where is a new object actually created when you make it in that view?
- What do you click in a viewport to change that port to a different view?
- Lesson 2 has you create two rectangles that become the inner and outer edges of the frame of a sign. How did you make these two rectangles part of one object?
- When you merge two files, one of the original files changes. Which one?
- How do you select an object in a scene?
- How do you region select several objects in a scene? How is the status line on your screen useful when making a region selection?
- What happens when you drag an object while holding a shift key down?
- What is the purpose of the Reset command on the File menu?
- The Material Editor lets you easily work with several materials at once. Name two ways Lesson 2 shows you to apply a material to an object.
- Draw the icons for the Select button and the Select and Move button on the toolbar.
- What does the icon on the Quick Render button look like? Where is this button located?
- Assume you have just used the Undo button. What must you do, in the classroom, in order to use the Quick Render button next?
- What is the purpose of the Auto Key mode?
- What are some of the options you get with the Render Scene button
that you do not get with the Quick Render button?