CIS 314: CIS 314: Advanced Software Solutions
Review for First Test
- What are the standard extensions for files saved in each Microsoft
- How do you start Office applications?
- What is the clipboard? Which Office applications can it be used with?
- What do plus and minus signs mean when they are next to folders in
- What are the keyboard shortcuts for cut, copy, and paste?
- Why is it important to save you work every few minutes?
- What is a workbook? How is it different from a worksheet?
- What is a linked object? What is an embedded object? How are they
- What are the keyboard commands to make selected text bold and italic?
- When do you use Save As instead of Save?
- What advantage does Print Preview offer over clicking the Print icon?
- What are several ways to navigate in a worksheet?
- Where is the Select All button hidden in a worksheet?
- How do you use a worksheet for a what-if exercise?
- What are absolute cell references? Why would you use them?
- How can you open Windows Explorer?
- In a worksheet, how do you select which cell you will enter text in?
- What other kinds of files can you create in Word, other than the default
- In Word, what does the mouse pointer look like just before you click
on a some text?
- In Word, what does the mouse pointer look like when you hover over
a hypertext link?
- In what Office applications is the Office Assitant available? What
is its default appearance?