ITS 311: IT Communications
- Chapter 1: Writing project 5 on page 19. Write a short explanation
of ethical problems in an example you provide.
- Chapter 2: Exercises 3, 7, and 8 on pages 67 and 68.
- Read the text through Chapter 4 for next week.
- Assignment 1. You must turn in a paper in week 8 with the following
- Pick a new technical device of some interest to you. It may be
from magazines, web pages, or other technical sources. You will
use it for this assignment.
- Research the device. Find out what you can about it and make notes
about your sources to use in the paper you will write.
- Decide which of the following kinds of write-ups you can and cannot
do for you chosen device. State in your paper whether you can or
cannot do each one, and explain why:
- a definition
- a description
- a set of user instructions
- a process analysis
- Write a description for the device.
- Assignment 2: Pick one of the five remaining chapters in the text
(12, 14, 15, 17, or 19). Write a set of notes for it, like the ones
I have made for the first eleven chapters. This assignment is to be
turned in week 7. You may send it to me via e-mail as a Microsoft Word
- In class assignment
- Research news items online tonight about BlackBerry devices.
- Find an answer to the following question from your hypothetical
boss: Can we use our BlackBerry devices Monday morning?
- Write a one paragraph answer to the question, explaining your
answer with information you find in your chosen news article.
- Turn in a copy of the news article you use along with your one
paragraph typed paper.
- Formal assignment for the course
- Examine this document for
the requirements of a term paper. It need not be longer than one
- Examine this document for the method
that will be used to grade your term paper.
- Turn in a typed paper that meets this set of requirements by the
tenth week of class.
- Based on our discussion of the last chapters in the book, submit
three review questions for a study guide for these chapters. Questions
on the final exam may be based on these questions. The questions are
to be submitted to my email address before the next class.