ITS 3250 - Securing Systems
Week 15: What do you know?
This lesson explores tool suggestions from other students.
All through the term, I have asked the class for suggestions about tools and recommended techniques to be used in defense of a network. This week marks the last chance we have to discuss more of these.
- What software, methods, tool sets, etc. do you recommend to people who are defending a network?
- Why are you recommending this?
- What is it/are they good for?
- Where can I get a copy, download an install file, buy it or rent it? What are the platform requirements?
- Are there web tools you recommend as well? Tools in the cloud? What are the addresses we can use to evaluate these tools?