NET 121b: Essentials of Networking
Assignment 6: questions for Chapter 16
- What is directory services?
- What is the simplest form of a Windows network?
How many users does Microsoft recommend as a limit to this kind of network?
- What file is used for security and authorization in a workgroup?
How many copies of this file would there be in a workgroup?
- What is a Windows domain?
- What is a server called that holds a copy of a domain's Active Directory?
- What is the difference between a domain controller and a member server?
- What role can Windows NT servers play in a Windows 2000 domain?
- What must users do to gain access to resources granted to their domain
- What does the text mean when is says that Active Directory has multi-master
What is the difference between a master and a replica in this example?
- What naming scheme is used for objects in Active Directory?
Give an example of what a distinguished name looks like.
- What is a schema?
- What is a tree?
How might it be different from a forest?
- What four characteristics does Microsoft say must exist for domains
to be in the same tree?
- What common network protocol is used by users to access information
in Active Directory?
- What kind of containers exist in Microsoft domains?
What kind of containers exist in Novell trees?
- What is a NetWare bindery?
How is it different from eDirectory?