NET 121- Essentials of Networking
Questions for Chapters 17 and 20
- What are two software interfaces that can be used to set up a shared network folder?
- What can you do to hide a network share from users browsing for them?
- What are the two kinds of groups you can create in Active Directory?
- What are the three Account Policy Nodes discussed in the text?
- How can you configure a password policy so that users are not required to use a password?
- How can you configure an account lockout policy so that locked accounts unlock automatically in one hour? How can you configure it so that locked accounts never automatically unlock?
- What is the Active Directory definition of a "print device"? What is its definition of a "printer"?
- What is happening when a print job is being rendered?
- What file system (FAT type) are you probably forced to use if your user has a DOS based computer?
- What file space issue is related to the three file systems (FAT types) described in the text? Compare the three file systems in terms of their most wasteful scenarios.
- What are the possible file system permissions available under NTFS?
- What is fault tolerance?
- What is one definition of RAID?
- How is mirroring like duplexing?
How are they different?
- What are the four classic backup strategies?
Which takes the most time on a daily basis to make the backup?
Which takes the most time to conduct a restoration late in your backup cycle?
- Compare the three kinds of alternate work locations: cold, warm, and hot.