NET 222: Introduction to Routers and Routing
Review for Fourth Test
- Is EIGRP classed as a Distance Vector or a Link State protocol? Which
kind of updates does it use?
- What three protocol stacks does the text tell us that EIGRP supports?
- What are hello packets? How often are they sent by EIGRP routers?
- What are multicast transmissions? How does EIGRP use multicasting?
- What information is kept in an EIGRP Neighbor table?
- What information is kept in an EIGRP Topology table? What kind of
route information is kept here as well as in the Routes table?
- What kind of information is kept in an EIGRP Routes table? What are
the routes in this table called?
- By default, by what criteria are Successors chosen? What are the other
two criteria that can be used?
- How many routes to a given network can an EIGRP router hold in its
Routes table? What is the command to enable it to hold this many?
- The text offers an example of RIP choosing a worse route than EIGRP
in the same network infrastructure. How could this happen?
- What command is used to take down an interface on an EIGRP router?
- What protocol do EIGRP routers use to transport data? Is it reliable?
What protocol do EIGRP routers use to select and request updates on routes?
- What command should be used to view all the EIGRP routes known to
a router? What command should be used to see only the EIGRP routes the
router actually intends to use?
- Compare the hop count limits of RIP, EIGRP, and OSPF.
- Which family of router protocols does OSPF belong to?
- How are autonomous systems treated differently by OSPF, compared to
how they are treated by EIGRP?
- What is an ASBR? How is it different from an ABR?
- What is a stub area? What is a transit area?
- How does OSPF choose one route as better than another? What is the
formula it uses?
- What is a process ID for an OSPF router? What is the range of allowable
values for process IDs?
- What are the two options for values for area numbers? About how many
different areas could you have in an autonomous system?
- What is the Administrative Distance of an OSPF route?
- What kind of OSPF networks will not use Designated Routers?
- When you configure OSPF on a router, what is the command to
set the process ID?
- What are the three arguments to a network command for OSPF?
- Why is the hierarchical structure of OSPF more desirable than the
flat structure of RIP?