INF111 Information Systems Theory
Review for First Quiz
- What is the definition of computer literacy?
- What is the definition of information literacy?
- Why should a person want or need to be computer literate? Why should
a person want or need to be information literate?
- What are the four basic functions of a computer?
- What are two common input devices?
- Where does processing take place?
- What are two common output devices?
- What are two common storage devices? Can a storage device act as
an input or an output device?
- What is the difference between temporary storage and long term storage?
- What are the five categories of computers listed in your text?
- What is the difference between hardware and software?
- What is a computer programmer? Are most users actually acting as
- What is an operating system? Is it necessary?
- What is a user interface? Must there be a user interface?
- What is application software?
- Does an information system require the use of computers?
- What is the difference between a graphic user interface and a command
line based interface?
- What are several features you would expect to find in a graphic user
- In Microsoft Windows, what is a...
- option button
- What is a word processing application used for? How is it different
from a desktop publishing application?
- What is a spreadsheet application used for? How does a working area
in this kind of application look to the user?
- What are some other application programs listed in chapter 2? What
are they used for?
- What are three types of learning aids commonly found in applications?
What is each for?