Review for Second Quiz
- What event does the EN_CHANGE event of an edit box detect?
- What does the MakeUpper function of the CString class do?
- How do you store a string in an object of the CString class? (proper syntax)
- What is the difference between UpdateData(TRUE) and UpdateData(FALSE)?
- What is an OCX file?
- Where should OCX files be stored if your version of Windows is:
- What method had to be used in class to get to the ActiveX Control Test
- Where do you tell the interface that a screen should have Max and Min
- What would the resulting byte be if this comparison is made:
11100011 & 00100001
- What condition/state does the constant MK_LBUTTON represent?
- Specify the decimal values for RGB settings for "pure" versions of these
- The Draw program was revised to contain a function called OnLButtonDown().
Why does the program only call this function when the author wants
it called (not continuously)?
- In the MyKey project, why does the program always report that the key
being pressed was pressed for one repetition?
- What is the method for coding a Hot Key into a menu choice?
- Assume you do not have access to Visual C++. Is it still possible to
create a Windows application in C++ code?
- Assume you are creating a C++ menu. You see two menu choices and a blank
rectangle to their right on the menu bar. What do you do to see if there
are menu choices already created for the first menu?
- When designing a menu, what happens if you double click on a menu choice?
- In Chapter 5, the author introduced the itoa() function. What are the
three arguments this function expects?
- In Appendix C, the author discusses concepts he touches on in Chapter
5, having to do with derived classes.
What is a base class?
What is a derived class?
What would be a reason to create a derived class?
- In Chapter 5, we also met the DoModal() function. What does it mean for
a screen/window to be modal?
- What event is triggered when a menu item is selected, regardless of the
purpose of the menu item?
- What are the four icons that can appear in the preprogrammed dialog boxes?
- What are the four preconfigured button combinations that can appear in
preprogrammed dialog boxes?
- What is the return value type of the MessageBox() function?
- Does the MessageBox() function behave like an overloaded function? Justify
your answer with examples.