CIS 2210 - Database Management and Design
Assignment 9 and Project Presentation Equivalent
To test his or her ability to design and create a database
using SQL, each student will complete an individual project following
these instructions. The project will involve a database that includes
at least four tables. The content of the tables is to be chosen by the
student, subject to instructor approval. It would be best to choose
data relevant to the student’s interests.
- A typed description of the proposed project must be
submitted before class starts in week 14. This will include
- Four related entities.
- Typical attributes of each entity.
- Relationship between entities.
- There must be sufficient data for the tables to
create at least 40 records, total.
- Work from your proposal to design all of the tables for the
project. Submit an ERD for them, showing cardinality. This also must be
submitted before the start of week 14.
- Creation and loading of database. Turn in full listings of
all data in all tables to verify this has been done. As noted above,
there must be a total of at least 40 records.
- Completed Database: Database including tables and queries,
in a zip file.
- There must be at least one query from each table.
- There must also be at least two queries that use data
in multiple tables.
- Turn in a script file that could be used to run the
- Parts 1 and 2 are due before class in week 14. This will be worth 30 points.
- Parts 3 and 4 are due before class in week 15. This will be worth 50 points.