CIS 421b: Database Administration I
Review for Final Quiz
- What is the difference between a standard relational table and an
- Explain these Oracle structure terms: data block, extent,
schema object, segment, tablespace.
- What would cause a component of a data block to be categorized as
- What to you call a table row that has been moved to a new data block?
What do you call a row that is stored in more than one data block?
- What is the significance of PCTFREE? How about PCTUSED? What is the
numeric relationship between them?
- How many data types (total) are described in the text?
- What data types support the storage of Unicode characters?
- What are the four data types listed in the discussion of locator
- What is the length limit for table names in Oracle? What can you
do if you use quotes when naming an object, that you cannot do if you
do not use quotes?
- Do temporary tables persist after a user closes his/her session?
Will the data in the tables persist?
- What are the two discussed methods that could both be called storing
a table in a table? When is one preferrred over the other?
- What is a partition, with respect to the discussion in Chapter 7?
What are the three non-composite methods for creating a partition?
- What is the difference between an internal and an external LOB?
- What is meant by inside storage and outside storage? Which kind of
LOB above do these terms relate to?
- What is a chunk? How must the chunk size relate numerically to another
- Why is an index-organized table preferred in some cases?
- What is a ROWID?
- The text tells us we can change the order of columns in a table.
This is almost a lie. What is the truth?
- What are two options you have if a column of data in a particular
table is identified as obsolete information?
- How do you remove a table from a database? How do you remove only
the data in a table?
- Optimizing table in Oracle can be done two ways. What are they? Which
is the preferred method?
- What are the two default user IDs in Oracle with system privileges?
Which is considered to be the more powerful? Which is meant to be used
for routine maintenance?
- What are some of the actions made possible by the DBA role?
- What is the SQL syntax for creating a user?
- When creating a user, what is the significance of the following options:
IDENTIFIED GLOBALLY AS
- If a user is not created with their own tablespace, which tablespace
will they be assigned?
- What does the QUOTA parameter mean when creating a user?
- What is a PROFILE? What is the default profile on a system?
- What view can be used to check the settings for all profiles on a
- When using the DROP USER command, why may you need to use the CASCADE
- How many profiles may a user be assigned to? How many users may be
assigned to a profile?
- What does the CONNECT_TIME setting mean in a profile?
- What is the meaning of each of these settings:
- What are the two settings to a user password that can be made with
the ALTER USER command?
- What is the difference between system privileges and object privileges?
- In round numbers, how many system privileges exist?
- What is the difference between the privilege CREATE TABLE and CREATE
- Which two object types in the text are listed as having the most
- What is the basic syntax to give a privilege to a user? What variation
is used to give this privilege to all users?
- When giving a user some privileges, what is the difference between
WITH ADMIN OPTION and WITH GRANT OPTION?
- How do you remove a privilege from a user? How do you remove it from
- What is the meaning of WITH HIERARCHY OPTION?
- Assume you granted a privilege to a user, who then granted it to
six others. You want to remove it from all of them at once. What must
be true for you to be able to do so?
- What are the three basic types of auditing? What is the difference
- What are the four variations listed about how an audit can run?
- What view would you use to examine all audit trails?