ITS 4910 - Information Trends/Research and Design Project
This lesson presents some background material about the course. Objectives
important to this lesson:
- What is the class about?
- Current assignments
There are no specific chapters for this course. There is no text. The
main objective is the term project, but there are pieces of it to do each
week, working from knowledge you have already, or can gain through research.
Assignments for this course need to be completed in order and on time.
Work for this class must be your own. The following information is from
the project overview document:
Each student will complete weekly assignments that will be assembled
in a final course document in Module 15. The weekly assignments include
the following subjects:
- Network infrastructure security design between a global manufacturing
company's data centers
- Identifying IT security equipment, tools and software to secure
- Schematic of IT security infrastructure for global network and one
- Narrative explaining your rationale for your design and your choice
of security equipment, tools and software - including vendors
- Security Policy Statement
- Security Education and Training Plan
- Security Procedures for each network security equipment and tools
- Security Procedure for Application Servers and General Access Control
- Incident Response Plan
- Disaster Recovery Plan
- Network Incident response Plan
- Network Disaster Recovery Plan
- Module 15: Final Project Paper
This week we begin with two assignments. For the first one, and for several
others, download the project overview and case study. Also, download
the data center designs document, linked in this week's 40 point
assignment. Complete both sections of the design assignment
and submit it before class next week.
For the second assignment, there is a discussion board posted
worth 20 points. It will be useful to complete the discussion board topic,
since it is related to the data center design.